Saturday, August 10, 2019

VA District Judge Rules In Favor oF Gavin Grimm / Against Gloucester County Schools

Gavin Grimm is a girl--actually a woman by this point--who wanted to use the boy's restroom at school. Gloucester County Schools--quite reasonably--said: No, sorry; you can't use the boy's restroom. Judge Arenda L. Wright Allen of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia just ruled against the school board and in favor of Grimm, basically on the grounds that enforcing sex-segregated restrooms made Grimm feel bad. What this means, basically, is that it's illegal to have sex-segregated restrooms. A full-blown prohibition against sex-segregated areas is barely held at bay currently by the idea of "gender identity." But "gender identity" is akin to a pseudo-concept. It's no more an identifiable characteristic of humans than is their conception of their own height. If I think I'm 6'5" when I'm actually 5'5", then I have false beliefs about my height. It's ridiculous to pretend that I have some special "height identity" I'm just wrong about my height is all. When, eventually, "gender identity" is laughed out of court, what we'll be left with is a legal prohibition against sex-segregated restrooms--and, undoubtedly, locker rooms.
   This is the kind of madness that makes Trump look sane. As I've said before, I'm happy to rethink such sex-segregation. But I'm not happy to have it undermined by mythological nonsense like "gender identity" and the rest of transgender ideology. That's just basically a quasi-religion being imposed on us by the left. For chrissake, I'm not even sure the religious right ever pushed anything this patently irrational.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home