Friday, August 09, 2019

Biden: "We Choose Truth Over Facts"

Huh?
NBD. Some kind of slip of the tongue or braino or teleprompter glitch. Who knows? I have no idea what he meant. But the rest of the quote is worth a quick look:
Everybody knows who Donald Trump is. Even his supporters know who he is. We got to let him know who we are. We choose unity over division. We choose science over fiction. We choose truth over facts.
"Everybody knows who Donald Trump is. Even his supporters know who he is."
Well...I know who he is. I guess many of his supporters do--though I'm often not sure. I'm skeptical that progressives do, though. They still seem to still think, e.g., that he's the Manchurian candidate--among other things.
"We've got to let him know who we are."
Problem is, you're letting the rest of us know, too. You realize that, right?
"We choose unity over division."
LOL no you don't.
"We choose science over fiction."
You absolutely don't.
 "We choose truth over facts"
No Earthly idea WTH he was trying to say there. Maybe he's an alethic coherentist and he's saying that he chooses the interlocking web of progressive myths to the facts. (That's not a serious comment, for the record.)

I do maintain some hope that Biden will get the nod and rocket back toward the center as soon as the primaries are over. I don't think that will come close to solving the problems with the Dems--I don't think it matters all that much who their front-man is. But it'd be a lot less bad if they had a sane, centrist one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home