Friday, May 08, 2009

Why I Like Obama
Reason Number Ten-Or-So

You know why like like Obama? Here's one reason: when he states one of his positions or announces a policy, I have to go look it up. And very often I come away thinking: Um, that's all really complicated. Sounds like he's in the ballpark...but I'd have to do research to have any right to an opinion here.

Whereas with Bush, before he was more than a few sentences in, I usually had my head in my hands, thinking something like: OMFG that's approximately the stupidest g.d. thing I've ever heard. I could do better stoned.

Presumably, Obama's decisions are not always going to be optimal. The point is that--so far--they've apparently been in the ballpark. Bush's decisions could often immediately be recognized as moronic even by moderately well-informed laypeople. Their stupidity would shine forth like a beacon of...of...stupidity.

I like not being able to tell right away whether policies are good. That's the way it ought to be.

1 Comments:

Blogger lovable liberal said...

Grown-ups don't expect simple-mindedness. This is why liberalism has so much trouble with Fox viewers.

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home