Thursday, May 07, 2009

Reading
Kipling, The Jungle Books

Absolutely one of my favorite books in the world. I force myself not to read it very often, and was a little apprehensive this time. Hadn't read it in years and years, and wondered whether it would hold up. The verdict: absolutely.

I wish I had a literary mind, or some training that would enable me to say something more informative than dang I really love that book. But alas, 'tis not the case. So: dang, I really love that book.

The highlights, IMHO, are the Mowgli stories and Rikki-Tikki-Tavi. I'd bet that that's a fairly common judgment.

2 Comments:

Blogger lovable liberal said...

Rikki-Tikki-Tavi always chokes me up.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Winston Smith said...

Word.

I totally love that little guy.

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home