Wednesday, May 06, 2009

How Bloggers Make Money

They don't, mostly. I certainly don't. One can get--literally--a few cents here and there if people click on your ads. One signs an agreement with Blogger not to encourage people to click on ads, and I have no intention of violating that agreement. This is a purely informational post, pointing out that fascinating, hard-working bloggers make wee bit of money when you click on their ads. Once again: this is not intended to be encouragement, just information.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always thought this blog could make money, if you ever had the time to redesign the site, possibly put it up somewhere with a unique domain, and be consistent in posting. You've been linked by some of the top dogs - if I were you, I'd go forth full steam.

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always thought this blog could make money, if you ever had the time to redesign the site, possibly put it up somewhere with a unique domain, and be consistent in posting. You've been linked by some of the top dogs - if I were you, I'd go forth full steam.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Winston Smith said...

Thanks, A...I'm always torn trying to choose between (a) get serious and (b) quit and go do something productive. The site IS ugly as home made sin... As for a unique domain name...so many people have stolen the word 'philosoraptor'(a word of my coinage) and snapped up e.g. philosoraptor.com...dunno whether there's anything snazzy left...

8:50 PM  
Blogger lovable liberal said...

You have ads!? I just ignore them, then. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

I've been thinking of blogwhoring, too, just to see how it works, maybe feed a little PayPal action. Then I always figure that Blogger won't tell you how much income to expect because the answer, to a first approximation, is ... none.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Winston Smith said...

Yeah, I feel so dirty...

But I am making MILLIONS! MILLLLIOOOONS!!!!!!! bwahahahaha!!!

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home