Wednesday, May 12, 2021

John Nolte: Biden's Low-Key Con Can't Hide That He's Jimmy Carter 2.0

Kinda the mirror-image of the Filipovic piece I just posted. This piece doesn't just emphasize the negative, it dismisses the demeanor stuff as a "con." Filipovic cites Biden's low-key demeanor as a positive--a cure for Trump's carnival-barker-in-chief personality. I'm inclined to agree with them both, basically. As for Trump: well, no disputing his failures in that respect. As for Biden: well, I'd not be inclined to say that he's conning us...but it's a sort of collective con: he's mild-mannered while his administration imposes an agenda that is unprecedentedly radical and--I'd say--catastrophic. I'd rather have the carnival Barker back. This is something I've basically said a bunch of times--IMO it's better to have a loud-mouthed, obnoxious non-radical President with good policies than a reserved, reasonable-sounding President with radical, disastrous policies. And I'm somebody who thinks that the demeanor of the President is extremely important...
   Also, I think calling Biden Jimmy Carter 2.0 gives him way too much credit. Carter wasn't a great President, but he wasn't a radical loon. That difference is absolutely crucial. I'd rather have a failure than a successful radical. The policies Biden is pushing will, IMO, do grievous harm to the country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home