Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Biden DoJ Defends Cops Who Cleared Lafayette Square

Probably not "for Trump," contrary to the title. I've never exactly figured out what to think about that. I suspect clearing the crazies from Lafayette Square was warranted, but that any time you undertake such a project, some cops will go over the line. Actually: there is no clear line. Rather: every time you undertake such an operation, cops will do some things that are at least questionable enough to produce prosecution. 

It's not like these people went to the square to speak rationally about the political situation, and the cops jumped them. Mob violence had become common in the country. These people were part of that movement, were throwing frozen water bottles and other things at--and injuring--the cops. They'd already tried to burn down one or two historical buildings... Despite my First Amendment absolutism, it's kinda difficult for me to get too worked up about clearing them out. But, then, there's probably no reason to listen to me about it. I don't even think I'm sufficiently objective about it. You shouldn't either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home