Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Lessons Of The Batflu (?)

I say:

Erect a shit-ton of fencing on the border, and otherwise get illegal immigration under control. Then establish methods of shutting off travel into the country. Establish procedures ahead of time. Don't wait until we face an even more deadly pandemic. Do I think that will work? I do not. But I'd guess we have to try. Of course genuine experts might laugh at the suggestion. Also: turn up the volume on Ready.gov; e.g. clearly state the arguments for the conclusion that preparedness isn't some loony "prepper" thing--it's smart, and it's akin to a civic responsibility. The more of us that are prepared, the fewer of us the government has to worry about. And if you're sufficiently prepared, you can help out your family, friends and neighbors. 

I've long thought that genetic engineering/shenanigans is likely to be the "great filter"--the thing that kills off most civilizations...oh, right about now. So I fret a bit about this crap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home