Monday, May 10, 2021

Did The U.S.--And Fauci, In Particular--Fund Gain-Of-Function Research At The Wuhan Institute Of Virology?

I'm too busy to read this carefully, but the answer is at least maybe.
   I'm not sure I've ever gotten around to saying this, but: gain-of-function research sounds insane at first...but whether it actually is insane or not depends on risk-benefit calculations that I'm not in a position to do. 
   However, it does seem flat-out insane to farm out gain-of-function research to a developing country that (a) has a totalitarian government that wants us destroyed and is unscrupulous enough to use bioweapons to do it, and (b) has shitty labs with unreliable personnel and from which an enhanced virus is likely to escape. I mean...who could possibly think that farming this out to the ChiComs is a good idea?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home