Monday, June 01, 2020

Trump Speaks On The Riots

Well, there ya go. 
   Typical tortured Trumpian delivery and some predictably stilted phraseology. Nothing much really stood out. But as for the content, I'm not sure what else he could do, nor what he could do better. Of course somebody might know; but I don't. As he's done before, he bent over backward to make it clear that he's no racist--a demeaning and angrifying thing to have to do. Of course the left will never believe it. Even ordinary people aren't permitted to defend themselves against such charges. Accusation is proof. So obviously Trump, whom they hate more than anyone else in the world, cannot defend himself--nor be defended. He is racist ex hypothesi.
   Anyway, it seems that I jumped the gun. By the time I became frustrated that he hadn't given and address, he was just about to do so. 
   I really cannot believe that, on the heels of a pandemic, we have to deploy the military to dozens (?) of cities to protect them from roving gangs of anarcho-communists and criminals. Is this worse than 9/11? I don't seem to be capable of really comparing them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home