Monday, June 01, 2020

Send In The 101st?

I admit that it would be gratifying to see us send in the Screaming Eagles--Or the 82nd, or the 10th Mountain. But especially the 101st in order to help clarify to the anarcho-communist basement-dwellers which side of history they're actually on. But this kind of bluster from the president is exactly the kind of thing that makes Trump look stupid and full of shit. Send 'em in or don't. Or put out a dispassionate statement indicating that you'll send 'em in if certain conditions are met. But the Twitter tough talk is just embarrassing. 
   Also, of course: there may well be better units for this job. I have no idea. Lots of units probably have a lot of police work under their belts from Afghanistan and Iraq. Or for all I know, we may have whole huge units of MPs. At any rate: whoever gets sent in will be at an enormous disadvantage, obviously, in that they will be facing, basically, honorless asshats who have to be treated rather gently. I certainly don't envy whoever gets the job. Obviously the Guard is more than capable of taking care of this, and apparently the legal end of the question is clearer. But I'm largely clueless here.
   But anyway. All I'm really doing is condemning the tough talk. Turn this over to a capable commander and STFU. I can't believe we're watching this conflict play out between an organized group of totalitarian Blackshirts and a mob of criminals. (And some legit protestors might even remain, for all I know.) 
   At what point will the remaining actual liberals and centrist Democrats speak up against their radical, violent, anti-American left wing? If not now, then I give up and conclude: no such creatures remain on the blue team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home