Saturday, August 11, 2018

Preet Brharara Podcast: Steve Schmidt: Why I Left The GOP

Schmidt's current line, again. Seems somewhat alarmist to me, but I'm inclined to agree with the main thrust of it--in particular laying the blame largely on the damnable Newt Gingrich, may he end up in the hell of being cut to pieces. I tend to consider Schmidt fairly credible for the obvious reason that he was a Republican. OTOH, he's basically an ad man like Carville and Matalin, so there's that. I thought what he says toward the end is pretty much right on: we're a resilient country, but we shouldn't take this Trump thing lightly. Speaking for myself, however, I can no longer tell exactly how to keep it between the ditches of complacency and hysterics.
(h/t KO!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home