Monday, March 25, 2013

Zombie Novel Review: Mountain Man/Safari: Mountain Man Book 2

Until about three weeks ago, I thought it was pretty much safe to say:

All zombie novels other than World War Z suck.

Then I stumbled across D. J. Molles's The Remaining, which I thought perfectly readable. Ok, readable, anyway...

And then Keith C. Blackmore's Mountain Man and Safari: Mountain Man Book 2.

Look, let's be clear: this stuff isn't Faulkner. It isn't Tolkein. It isn't even Stephen King. But it's far from the unreadable, illiterate dreck that is most zombie novels. (Monster Island, I'm looking at you...) I read up book one and was happy to find that there was a second one. The second one's not as good as the first, but they'll both do the trick if what you want is an adventure story set in the IZA.

This all might sound like damning with faint praise, but I don't mean it to be. For what it is, this stuff's not bad. These two books gave me several nights of reasonably amusing reading, and I'm likely to read the third when it comes out.

Heck, you might even like 'em too...

And that's all I've got to say about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home