Alan Dershowitz: "Why I Left the Democratic Party--And Why California Voters Should, Too"
link:
I think the Democratic Party today is the most dangerous party in my lifetime. I lived through McCarthyism, and the latter stages of segregation. But I’ve never lived in a more dangerous time for civil liberties, decency or meritocracy.I'm a generation behind Dersh, so I didn't live through McCarthyism. But I have seen--since I've been old enough to know what was going on--widespread communist apologism, anti-communist extremism, the rise of the religious right, political correctness, the lie-up to the Iraq war, and Trump...and, yeah, the rise of the Woketarian cult is the most dangerous of the lot, IMO...and that's the problem with the Dems: they capitulated to the lunatic left. And I agree with him that this is the most dangerous time (in the last 50+ years) for civil liberties, decency, and meritocracy...but, more importantly: for sanity and reason.
Stop me if you've heard this one: it's the Orwellianism of the left that's the biggest threat.
Trump plays so fast and loose with the truth that you can basically just ignore what he says when he's on one of his rolls...
But the postpostmodern left has conducted a decades-long campaign to subvert the very ideas of truth and reason, in favor of a kind of cultish, totalitarian politics that subordinates everything to hard-left dogma. They repeat their leading ideas ad nauseam: science is political, the personal is political...everything is political. The latter, in particular, is like a mind virus that people brainlessly repeat having given it exactly no serious thought. It's bad enough that it's laughably false...but it's also the left's excuse for politicizing everything. Criticize them for politicizing the news media, and their response is: everything is political! Get it? They can't be criticized for replacing accurate, objective journalism with leftist propaganda...because that's the way it has to be...there is no alternative. Everything's already political anyway...so all they can do is try to make it reflect the correct politics...i.e. leftist politics...
What a crock of shit.
The vast majority of the universe is apolitical. The percentage the is political is so small as to be effectively zero. Zoom in on Earth, and even just on human life, and the percentage that is inherently political is very small indeed--even from the perspective of a politics-obsessed nerd like myself. Most of my life--and almost all of the truly important things in it--are non-political.
What the leftists respond to this is, basically, that, for almost any x you can name, you can imagine it becoming a matter of political controversy. The trees in my front yard theoretically could, for example. But, of course, that doesn't mean that the trees in my front yard are political. They are not essentially political. Though they could become contingently so. Is science political? Well, the question is ill-formed. Science itself? Inherently? Or have some things about science become embroiled in politics in various ways? The left doesn't even know what it's saying. They're very good at being unclear. Here's the fact: politics should not influence scientific reasoning. It should not influence which conclusions science draws. That's the issue. And it's easily settled.
Eh, I gotta get to work. I don't have time to ridicule this stupid bullshit to the degree it deserves.
[But anyway:
Trump's a loose cannon, the Pubs are doing nothing to control him, it's a giant mess...but his administration continues to produce good policy and to undertake long-overdo initiatives...and the Dems remain in the thrall of the Orwellian left...and now the socialists, too. One of the best things Trump did was give us a good SCOTUS. But Thomas and Alito are old. We absolutely cannot afford to lose the Senate now. Imagine a court with two more Sotomayors...or, saints preserve us, KBJs...
The best thing we can do right now is minimize the power of the left--which means minimizing the power of the Dems.
I still expect the Dems to return to sanity someday...but not any day soon....]

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home