Cornell Alleged Gang Rape Case
This is the sort of allegation that--when I was young and naive--I simply assumed was veridical.
Being older and having more experience with such reports, I now incline to expect them to turn out to be bogus.
Sounds an awful lot like the UVA fraternity gang-rape hoax.
However, apparently there's a record of these guys sending out messages to other fratboys inviting them to join in...
OTOH, I've heard that in some kind of interview she gave pretty immediately after the incident, the girl claimed that it was unequivocally consensual...
And finally: later she claimed it was unequivocally rape.
Of course I don't have any rooting interest in this. It should be kind of a tough case for the left, because they adamantly defend the kinkiest, dirtiest, perviest sex...and their principles (such as they are) entail that You Go Girl if she did just feel like pulling a train that night...
And, actually, I'm with the left on that one.
People like a lot of kinky stuff.
Given the opportunity to have sex with multiple women in one night, college me would have been down like a clown, Charlie Brown...
Of course there's a bit of an asymmetry there...I'm just sayin'...
Forced to bet money, I'd bet that it was most likely consensual, but, then, ashamed, the girl changed her mind. And, if it's true that she first claimed it was consensual, I'd be disinclined to convict the guys.
Though: having sex with a woman right after another guy did: totally gay.
Just so we're clear.
Not that there's anything wrong with that...
As goes without saying, all rapists should burn in the fiery pits of hell.
And: if the girl was so intoxicated that there was any question of her consent...also the hell thing.
But I'm skeptical that's what we're actually dealing with here.
But, to be clear again: we'll know a lot more as more information comes out.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home