Sunday, September 27, 2026

Campus Lefties vs. Civility

That's the long and short of it re: this organization called "Uncivil."
They seem to think that it's a big problem that many campus organizations promoting civil dialog are funded by "right wing and pro-Israel" (heaven forfend!) individuals and groups.
   But, really, the left has been bitching about civil discourse for at least a decade. Civility, you see, is a [insert bad things here] white supremacy / razizt, / bourgeois...it's "respectability politics"...not even making that up...
   Whatever other reasons the left has against rational inquiry and civil discussion, one is: the leftist vanguard just doesn't believe in such things. Since it doesn't believe in objectivity, it can't. It believes that all such things are mere fronts for "power." Reason is an illusion. All that matters is ideological victory. This view is all over the left--though the more center-left tends to motte-and-bailey it as convenient.
   A friend of mine and I held a conference back in '20 (just as rumors of COVID began to circulate on civility and rational discourse...can't remember the exact name/title right now... (I mean we just missed COVID hysteria... A week or two later it wouldn't have come off.) We had four interesting panelists, and the whole thing was built around them. Just two days, maybe 100 people involved tops. But anyway, after the first speaker's talk, the very first comment was "I can't help but notice that you're all white men..." This bullshit is a fucking cancer on universities. A throw-away, veiled ad hominem (because whites: bad; men: bad). What was funny was the speaker said "Well, I'm actually half-(East)-Indian" (I think it was Indian.) Another speaker said "Well, I'm Jewish." The third said that he, too, was of some sort of mixed heritage. The fourth speaker was like Guilty as charged--I'm white. I managed to hold my toungue for once, not wanting to blow it all up after one hour... Then the other guy who put the conference said: The first person we tried to get was such-and-such, a woman, but she couldn't make it... 
   Goddamned retarded bullshit. Pseudo-reasoning. This is what people learn in the weaker regions of the humanities and social "sciences": just shriek white! male! REEEE! at everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home