Strassel: Can Democrats Resist Socialism?
Well, they couldn't resist Woketarianism...which is far crazier than socialism...so...I'm not optimistic...
I've long predicted that the Dems will revert to sanity...any day now!...any week!...
Shows what the hell I know.
Strassel:
For more than a decade, the Democratic Party has been stuck in a reactive anti-Trump loop, made worse by its unwillingness to offend its extreme leftist base. So instead of offering a full-throated defense of traditional Democratic ideals and criticizing socialism, they sit silent as the left pulls the party ever further.
Yeah, well, the problem is that extreme leftist base.
It's already absorbed most of the insane woke agenda. What's a little more crazy on top of it? Socialism is nuts...but about 1/10th as nuts as Woketarianism. Once you get your faction to believe--or pretend to believe--the women have penises...just about everything else is sane by comparison...
The smart play for the Dems is probably to squash the DSA insurgents and proclaim a return to sanity and centrism...and hope people fall for it. That is: hope that you've moved the Overton Window enough that people fall for it...
Of course we have to work to make sure that shit does. not. work.
Going insane, then pretending to be sane again because you kicked some very-slightly-more-crazy people out of your party...no way, dude.
The best thing that can happen to the Dems--and for the country--is for them to get absolutely crushed in '28. I don't see what else stands any chance of slapping sense back into them.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home