Tuesday, October 08, 2024

Dems Fear Harris Failing to Break Through With "Working Class"

   Here's one thing I noticed when I moved from the real world to academia: the real people back home would sometimes speak of "the workin' man." Only in academia (and the media) did I hear people say "the working class." Or, worse: "the workers." LOL. Why not "the proletariat"?
   Most "working class" people I knew considered themselves middle class. Middle class is a broad category in the U.S.--though I hear less so e.g. in the UK.
   Anyway.
   Trump, for all his myriad failings, seems like a normal person.
   Harris...not so much.
   I mean, look: you're not going to be hanging out with her. You don't have to like her. And if she had good policies and record of competence and accomplishment, I'd vote for her despite her odd demeanor.
   But, yeah, it's surprising that anyone would find it surprising that she's not exactly resonating with regular people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home