Sunday, October 06, 2024

Turley: Jack Smith's "October Surprise" Wasn't That Surprising...And That's The Problem

I gave up long ago trying to sort through the details of every aspect of the anti-Trump jihad.
A failing on my part, without doubt.
But I just don't have the requisite time, energy, or understanding of the law.
Now, to be honest, I basically just try to see the big picture.
Which kinda sorta looks like this:
A wacky, crackpot con man who's probably guilty of something or other...but who is right about a lot of things...
vs.
A massive and deranged, well-oiled machine that operates across almost all of our major institutions to destroy him by just about any means necessary...
...because he really, truly, should not be anywhere near the levers of power.
Though also because he opposes their hegemony...and that they just cannot abide.
Not bending the knee to them is an affront.
They will not tolerate it.

Am I going to dig into the details of the latest salvo from the machine?
I am not.
To switch metaphors yet again: I guess I've already picked my poison.
On the bright side, I have absolutely no power to influence the  outcome.
So, no matter what happens, I'll have recourse to the favorite defense of incompetents everywhere:
It's not my fault!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home