Sunday, October 06, 2024

Helene and WNC

The scenes and footage from e.g. Asheville and Castle Rock are just unbelievable. I really had no idea how bad it was. Parts of I-40 are just gone, and one estimate I heard from an informed source was that it might take a year to reopen.
One of (the?) major E-W interstate could take a year to reopen.
In the USA.
Not Uzbekistan...not Venezuela...
Amazing.
Some of the footage I saw actually made me think If they can fix that in a year, they're wizards...
Hundreds (or so I've read) sections of other roads are closed.
Again, hearsay from a local news snipped: Expect to have power again in about four months.
We've got two very off-road-capable vehicles...but a lot of the roads I saw footage of...no chance. Neither of them would stand any chance of getting through.

I'm trusting that they'll use this buy stuff like water and not to put on drag shows and stuff...but...with UNCA you can never tell...

Y'know what? On second thought:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home