Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Galston: A U.S. National Debt Crisis is Coming

This I am inclined to think is a crisis.
Notably, Democrats have been (I believe) more willing to address the deficit (which is really just a first step) than have Republicans. Clinton used to talk about using the "peace dividend" to pay down the debt.
But no dice. I still think Al Gore would have pushed for that. Damned Butterfly ballots...
Although Obama racked up more total debt than any previous President, Trump racked up more per year. Of course that doesn't exactly count, given COVID. (I thought Trumpbucks were a good idea at the time...but upon reflection I'm skeptical.)
(Not to drag other stuff into this, but: I consider the vast government expenditures based on global warming hysteria to be doubly harmful, as that money could have been spent on this genuine crisis.)
Oh and: I know virtually nothing about economics, so...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home