Sunday, June 23, 2024

B. Duncan Moensch: The Photo-Negative Ideology

Pretty damn interesting--though I don't have any real fix on the main argument, nor anything interesting to say about it. All I can say, really, is: after one fast read, it seems worth reading again, and more carefully.
   Well, one thought I had was: I'm not immediately convinced by his argument for the proposition that most Americans (basically) don't owe some sort of debt or owe some kind of restitution for slavery. Rather, I tend to think of it as more of an institutional responsibility (if we have it)--the United States owes it (maybe), and, hence, its citizens. But that's a can of worms. I mention it only to briefly explain my doubts about his argument. Responses to that point on his behalf are pretty easy to think of. 
   Anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home