Saturday, December 02, 2023

"Trump": I Will Make America Great Again for Young People

Boilerplate campaign bloviating.
   I hate this kind of crap, even when I generally agree with the substantive claims. But you know the shtick: spin everything as hard as possible against your opponent. I ended up just skimming most of it.
   But I agree that the Biden administration has been a...well...not a disaster, perhaps... Certainly nothing like, say, Bush '43. But it's been very bad. And Biden's had incalculable advantages over Trump--no COVID and a slavishly devoted media spin machine, to name just two. Trump was a much better President. There's basically no comparison. But Trump seems to have lost it after the '20 election. Not that he had much of it to begin with. OTOH, of course, The very fact that he was and is so very right about the deep state etc., and that it is now using lawfare to keep him off the ballot, destroy him financially and put him in prison...that in and of itself constitutes substantial reason to side with him against the state... 
   Trump's a loose cannon. The progressive elite establishment that rules the country and has turned its powers to destroying him is a whole battery of well-manned cannons, aimed not only at Trump, but at you and me, and at the republic itself. Or near enough to it. Or so it seems to me, anyway.
   Trying to say anything accurate and true at this level of abstraction is virtually impossible. For somebody like me anyway.
   I pretty much assume I'm wrong about most of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home