Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Ukraine: Do The Cheerleaders Know We Lost?

I got kicked off of Reddit for wrongthink a month or so ago, but, at the time, the lefties there still thought Ukraine was winning bigly.
   I asked some time ago what would happen to the Ukraine enthusiasts if/when it became clear that Ukraine was not going to win...as I suppose it finally has.
   Maybe I should peek in and see.
   I'm not actually sure how much it matters that Ukraine is (probably) going to lose. Seems to me that it may have been necessary to inflict pain on Putin/Russia regardless of the outcome. It'd be good for Ukraine to regain its territory. But even supposing they never do, it's also important to make Putin/Russia think twice before pulling such a stunt again.
   None of that's to deny that NATO seems to have been partly to blame for batting its eyelashes at Ukraine, of course.
   Though I'd rather that Ukraine/NATO had won, I suppose the silver lining is that Biden can't use a victory as a talking point if he's the nominee again... Cold comfort, but, I guess, better than nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home