Friday, December 01, 2023

DeSantis v. Newsome

Tried to watch it on YouTube, but it would only give me leftists live-vlogging the thing. My God those people are insufferable...and delusional. I navigated away. What I saw was hard to evaluate. DeSantis came out of the blocks pretty obnoxious(ly?), but facts are facts, and Newsome's CA is a wreck. Newsome responded in a way that seemed rhetorically pretty effective--given that DeSantis had him dead to rights. Though, needless to say, I'm not neutral.
   Newsome is a sleazeball of cosmic proportions, IMO. Though DeSantis has been drifting into right-wing censorship and similar nuttiness. I don't see any way to deny that FL has been trending generally to the good, CA to the bad. It's horrifying to think that half the country might want to nationalize the catastrophic trajectory of California...but everything is crazy, so who knows? Newsome is the American Trudeau. Horrifying.
   The poop map alone should probably put an end on this discussion.
   But, given my lack of neutrality, and my inability to evaluate rhetorical effectiveness, I won't have anything valuable to say about this anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home