Monday, October 23, 2023

Return of the Neo-Cons, or: If You Liked Iraq, You'll Love Iran

Jesus Christ these guys again.
   Of course there are circumstances under which such an attack would be reasonable. And I'm willing to be convinced that those circumstances are actual. But it's going to take substantial convincing.
   Whatever Trump's multitudinous faults, "America First" is one of his many pithy slogans that points to an important truth. Not: America Only. But: America First. (Here I assume that the history of the term is largely irrelevant.) Among the good things I take that to mean: no more forever wars. It's only just now occurred to me that Bill Kristol's apostasy from the GOP wasn't so much a principled stance against Trump's jackassery as a tantrum over Trump's rejection of neo-con warmongering. Maybe, anyway.
   That's not an endorsement of Trump. It's just another admission that he gets a lot of important shit right.
   Finally: It does seem to me, shaky as I am on foreign policy, that the Biden administration is getting things approximately right in Ukraine and Israel / the ME. I'm starting to think that that there is no moving forward for that war. Putin won't quit, and the Ukes can't advance. It's beginning to seem like a meat grinder to me. Perhaps it'd be best to face the facts and stop the carnage. There's been almost no change to the battle lines since Russia's initial landgrab. But, of course, I don't know.
   But anyway. 
   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home