Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Daniel Calingaert: Go Big on U.S. Political Reform

I might agree with some of this, but mainly disagree.
I certainly disagree with eliminating the Electoral College, which would put us at the mercy of urban leftist in perpetuity. The national popular vote would be the end of us. Once again, the Founders have managed, thus far, to save us from ourselves. I certainly disagree about "redistributing" wealth--as if wealth were a fixed pot, and economically more successful people had just illicitly grabbed more of it.  I'm against "expanding voter participation," as it mainly means getting even less-well-informed Democrats to vote. I want to reduce participation by going back to voting on election day, and absentee ballots only for good reasons. 
   Some of the other stuff in the piece are negotiable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home