Sunday, July 09, 2023

Lockdowns: A Self-Inflicted Disaster

I am not an expert, of course, but this did seem discernible at the time...
We should have basically adopted the policies recommended in the Great Barrington Declaration. 
I suggested this in a department meeting and was shut down. I also said that we shouldn't be forcing vaxxes onto people, and probably shouldn't even be recommending them to young, healthy people. Again: shut down. And my department is pretty reasonable about most things. One of my colleagues recommended pressing the university to drop religious exemptions to the vax mandate. I objected to that, too. I wasn't shut down on that one, but also wasn't backed up.
   The university was mostly shut down in-person for the equivalent of an academic year, and the mandatory mask lunacy was kept in place almost to the end of Spring semester 2021. When the administration finally lifted it, many faculty screamed bloody murder. 
   Anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home