Thursday, July 06, 2023

"Degrowth" and Climate Alarmism

A view from the other side.
For the record, I agree that, if we thought more about it, we might recognize that throttling back consumption a bit wouldn't impede our happiness. So I'm all for making sure that idea is out there. I also--as I've made clear--think we should address the possibility that humans are contributing significantly to unwanted climate change. I'm fine with going nuclear--in fact, it's absolutely necessary if the alarmists are right. But the fact that they refuse to acknowledge this is one of the many indicators that they aren't serious--that it's a political view, not a scientific one. I'm not in favor of going whole-hog nuclear...I don't understand enough to be entitled to that opinion, for one thing. But that would pretty clearly be our only rational option if we really faced a climate apocalypse.
   But we probably don't.
   Pro tip: anyone who favorably mentions the Green New Deal is not serious, and probably not worth listening to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home