Friday, July 21, 2023

Daniel L. Davis: Why Ukraine's Counteroffensive is Failing

This is consistent with the more seemingly factual content of just about everything I've read.
   Just about everything I see on places like Reddit tries to make it out that the Ukrainians are winning.
But that seems unlikely to me--FWTW.
   Though it seems to me that the Biden administration's approach is generally reasonable, I'm skeptical about it's rejection of negotiations. The Russians are dug in. They have air superiority (or maybe dominance). They're numerically superior. And now they're on defense. 
   Asked to bet, on the basis of my limited understanding, I would be against Ukraine making and keeping significant gains.
   Incidentally: did Ukraine not have a defensive line built along the Russian border? Though it seems that Russian air and artillery superiority would have made e.g. trenches less effective. (?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home