Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Defense Survey Reveals Age, Gender [sic], Party Divides

Sex. Not "gender." Unless you're just using "gender" as a synonym for 'sex.' In which case: still 'sex.'
Anyhoo...
   The most depressing bit is even 53% of Republicans thinking that DEI will be good for even the military. 73% of Dems, but they've lost their minds about it.
   OTOH: the judgment of the majority may well be more reliable than that of lil' ol' me, of course. And I've never been in the military, so.
   But in general: DEI is very bad. And I'm moderately pro-affirmative action. Or: pro- moderate affirmative action.
   Seems that the China/Russia thing continues to be a partisan issue, with Pubs tending to think that China is a bigger threat, while Dems (and the kiddies) tend to think it's Russia Russia Russia. Hint: it's China. Or was until Ukraine. Now who knows? Russia has a lot more nukes. If that matters. Also: it's not so much China or Russia as it is the CCP and (Putin and the kleptocrats)...er...I think. Anyway. We're playing with fire in Ukraine...but as I've made clear, I have no better plan. On this score, I'm largely with the Biden admin. I barely even understand what's going on beyond Bad Vatnik tanks shoot Ukes...
   Speaking of which: it's still damn weird that the Russia/China thing has become so partisan...

[The greatest ally question: the UK, obvs. Props also to the Aussies. And: it is not Israel. And I'm an Israel fan--mostly. But they're not much of an ally.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home