Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Russia Invades(?) Eastern Donbas

Hm. I think this probably counts as me and the conservatives being wrong...which is fine. But it isn't clear. 
   I was under the impression that Ukraine doesn't want those break-away regions, and has specifically resisted Russian efforts to pressure them (Ukraine) to reintegrate them. (Ukraine doesn't want pro-Russian regions messing with its politics--that's the standard story, anyway, as I understand it.) So I thought the Russian invasion threat was against Ukraine per se, not those regions. This could just be confusion on my part, or this could be a borderline case of invasion. 
Anit-War.com story--"Putin Deploys Peacekeepers...". (That's not some lightweight site, incidentally.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home