Thursday, April 09, 2020

"Fauci" Slashes U.S. Mortality Predicitons

link
I doubt that 60,000 is Fauci's prediction, just like 240,000 wasn't Birx's prediction. Those guys don't produce models, they "consume" them (though I hate that terminology). It's the same as the IHME prediction, and I believe that's the model they've relied on most.
   The Times and Post have grudgingly mentioned the revisions here and there, but their main focus now is on unemployment. SEPTILLIONS OUT OF WORK oh yeah and also we're going to survive the plague I guess… The disappointment is palpable.
   When the revision-down is mentioned, it's embedded in some spinny context like DESPITE ENORMOUS DEATH TOLL.... or DON'T THINK THIS MEANS WE OVERREACTED BECAUSE WE DIDN'T OK??? or BAD ORANGE MAN STILL BAD.
   I don't think it's implausible to think that democracy dies in darkness...but ask yourself: who turned the lights off?
   I've never cared much about the Times with its attitude and all its bullshit about what the cool kids are wearing in the Hamptons this year and whatnot. But by God I used to admire the Washington Post. What happened to you, WaPo? You used to be cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home