Friday, May 17, 2019

Mnuchin Refuses House Suboena To Release Trump's Tax Returns

link
My layperson's view is that a president really ought to be willing to let us see his tax returns. However, we (in some sense of 'we') elected him--so it can't be that important to us (in some sense of 'us'). And anyway, I'd think that Trump's tax returns would be routinely scrutinized by the IRS even before he ran for president. (I just had one of those Holy crap, Donald Trump is president moments...) And I'd think that he has top-notch accountants. So I'd be pretty surprised if there were a smoking gun in them. And, as I've said, I don't blame him for not coughing them up, since he has every reason to believe that the Dems won't treat him/them fairly.
   I have no idea how this ought to shake out legally, of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home