Thursday, November 08, 2018

Friedersdorf: GOP Must Choose Between Trump And The Rule Of Law

Linked with approval.
   I feel like I've given the guy every chance. I know I've always had a tendency to be unfair to GOP candidates and presidents. I've tried really hard to control for that this time around. And I've tried to develop a stoic attitude about just attending to policy and not freaking out too much about the personal characteristics of the president. 
   But I just don't see things getting any better from here. Trump has faced a lot of unfair opposition. And I realize that some of it is likely a conscious effort to get him to flip his shit. But a president's got to be able to not flip his shit. And Trump just doesn't have what it takes. 
   I fear the other side, too. And those fears are, in a sense, deeper. But that consideration only goes so far. Concerns about Trump are pretty damn immediate, it seems to me. I keep thinking: we can muddle through for two more years... But that's less clear to me now even than it used to be. 
   What a damn mess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home