Sunday, April 19, 2009

CELEBRATE DIVERSITY MOTHER &@#$ER!!!
Kathleen Parker Edition

I'm way sympathetic with Kathleen Parker on this point. This diversity business is way past annoying, and in some cases it's actually getting a little alarming.

It must be bad enough for students who have to put up with a stead drumbeat of "diversity" propaganda in college...but if you teach, you're looking at 35 or 40 years of it, not just four.

And, heck, I'm mostly a liberal, and I'm constitutionally inclined to like having lots of different kinds of people around. And I teach at a ridiculously homogeneous school that could really, really use a little more heterogeneity. But gah, even I am just sick of the empty-headed, saccharine "diversity" mantras. Seriously. It's gotten to the point at which I can barely even think about it dispassionately anymore--just hearing the word is enough to raise my blood pressure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home