Colin Wright: How Many Girls on Testosterone is Too Many?
I was explaining to a progressive friend once that the number of unarmed black men per year killed by police was not in the tens of thousands, as many in her faction believed, but closer to 10. Her response: "one is too many"...
There should be a name for this fallacy. The "one is too many" fallacy? Not exactly snappy?
One is regrettable--but for almost any major type of phenomenon, it isn't "too many." Not in the sense that it's too many to continue doing things the way we are doing them, anyway. Unfortunately, almost now matter how rational and effective a way of doing things is, if you do it enough, some people will die from it. Some people die from exercising every year. That's regrettable. But it isn't "too many." Not too many for us to continue exercising, anyway... If we stopped doing everything that caused more than zero deaths, that would be the end of not only civilization, but human beings.
However, we're not talking one case here.
Rather: in Oregon, 1 out of 240 girls with health insurance is on testosterone.
That, you see, is way too many.
I'd say that 1 in 10,000 might possibly be defensible...but that's just based on...well, nothing, really. That's just the number I'd choose if I had to pick on out of thin air.
And, of course, since I think this psychotic gender lunacy is the utterest bullshit...I guess I kinda do think one is too many in this case...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home