Trump Orders Navy to Go Back to Steam Catapults
Well, after a decade of the left insisting that Trump is literally Hitler...finally, an actual Hitlerian act: micromanaging military technology as if he actually knew something about it.
I disagree with Mark Kelly a lot--but this pretty much sums it up:
“I’ve launched off the front of aircraft carriers hundreds of times, have a master’s degree in aeronautical engineering, and am a test pilot, and even I wouldn’t suggest to the Navy how to engineer specific systems on its ships,” ...
And, look: I'm no expert, but seems to me that glitches are basically expected in new systems. You put up with them so that you find out how to eliminate them in future versions of the system.
Oh, wait--I forgot about the "Trump-class battleships"...so there's another, earlier example...
[To be perfectly clear: I'm not saying that Trump is wrong about catapults...I'm saying that he doesn't know enough to make the decision.]

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home