Thursday, October 17, 2024

Martin Gurri: I Refused to Vote in the Last Two Elections; Now I'm Voting for Trump

Gurri has written some really good stuff. (I tried to read his book, but it ostentatiously failed to grip me.)
   I think he's 100% right about this: the real danger is the CTRL-left (though he doesn't use the term).
Trump says a lot of incoherent and alarming-sounding stuff. And he was wildly out of bounds after he lost in 2020. But the totalitarian, Orwellian left is, by far, the bigger danger. Trump says stuff that might indicate authoritarian tendencies, but it's usually not clear what he's saying. Also, he doesn't do those things. The left is in the midst of a thus-far-successful campaign of radical leftist cultural domination. Down to the imposition of obvious falsehoods as official "truths."
   Like Gurri, I think the choice is clear, though, also like him, since I find both party-plus-candidate complexes unacceptable, I expect I'll be neither ecstatic nor despondent whatever the outcome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home