Friday, December 30, 2022

Jacobin(?!): The Twitter Files Are, In Fact, A Big Deal

Jeez, I don't see a lot of reasonable stuff in Jacobin, but this is good.
Incidentally: I don't have a settled opinion about the Twitter Files yet--but they seem like a pretty big deal to me. And this essay makes a pretty good case that that's right. 
Of course Jacobin got to Jacobin, and there's some dumb aside about how Bari Weiss and/or the Libs of Tik-Tok woman is/are horrible people. And the essay ends with the argument that leftists should be concerned because these methods might be used against them--which is maybe the only way to get them to care I guess...though they ought to be concerned about the principle... 
Bit also there's an exhortation to focus on the policies, not the people reporting...which shows that Jacobin is still largely old-school economic left...and not sufficiently woked... [1]
But anyway. 
I'm ready to be outraged by the Twitter Files...which is why I have been suspending judgment. That and: I haven't even had time to read all the TFs, much less much commentary.
But, yeah: it kinda seems like a big deal to me that the gub'mint seems to have been colluding with big tech to suppress speech....


[1] Incidentally, here's a currently front-page piece over there:  "We Don't Want A Post-Pandemic "Return to Normal," We Want The End of Capitalism"...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home