Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Test Scores Show There's Not Much Distance Learning

Here's my conclusion about my own experiences: basically no one learned anything in any of my online classes so far as I can tell. 
Ok, that's an exaggeration: highly-motivated students always learn at least something. They'd have probably learned something anyway--though maybe not about American philosophy...
Anyway: online classes were a disaster IMO. I could have gone back in person a semester before I did, but I said I wouldn't lecture in a mask. But by the Spring of '21, they were still permitting us to teach online, but requiring masks in person. The online classes were so painfully awful that I went back anyway. I bought some fact gauze masks from Amazon, and just took the thing off about 3/4 of the time anyway. Eventually I just quit wearing it and several students in the class--mostly guys--eventually caught on and followed suit.
But I digress: online classes were shit is my point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home