Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Tucker Carlson: Has NPR Achieved Peak Stupid?

I used to love NPR back in the day. Yes, they've always been at least a little goofy in that earnest, breathy, tote-baggy way. But I seem to recall even working the pledge lines for them once... I was one of those people they used to talk so much about who would sometimes find himself sitting in his car with one foot on the ground, waiting to hear the end of the story.
   About five or six years ago I had taken a bit of an unplanned hiatus from listening to them--we were renovating the house and my "commute" was only five minutes long, so I just fell out of the habit for, what? maybe a year at most. Probably less. When I did start back up again, something seemed wrong...there'd been a shift toward the stupid left. To some extent, probably, the hiatus had given me some perspective. At first it was just the occasional absurdly biased story...but it got worse. Fast.
   It didn't take long before my "driveway moments" became more about sitting in the driveway in stunned outrage rather than rapt appreciation. I said something about this to a much more moderate and level-headed liberal friend, and he said: Oh, yeah, I never listen to NPR anymore...
   I've accidentally stumbled across them again a couple of times per year, and, indeed, it always seems to be nonbinary this and systemic that. All utter nonsense. All made worse by NPR's breathy, rather breezy dogmatism. As if they were simply relaying the most obvious truths that no one would think about questioning. 
Anyway. Tucker gets it right:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home