Thursday, March 04, 2021

UBI Is Absolutely Fantastically Effective And Better Than Any Other Approach And Has Exactly No Downsides Whatsoever

I feel kinda gross for having read this.
   It's gross to read this kinds of propaganda. When it's not something utterly insane and catastrophically stupid, you can focus on the ickiness per se--which, in my case, is often swamped by outrage, anger, and putatively righteous indignation. 
   And I think that UBI is an interesting idea!. We ought to think about it and experiment with it. I'm skeptical...everybody should be skeptical. If you're not skeptical, you're being irresponsible. But that piece is fawning. So I can't recommend it. But, meh, it kinda tells you a little bit. Find something more objective on the Stockton trial if you really care, though.
   It's my fault for reading it after I saw that Lowrey wrote it.
   Anyway: one standard thing people say about UBI is that small trials don't really tell us what we need to know--especially when the subjects are scattered. What we'd rather know is how it would affect a whole community. Better yet: what would it do if implemented in the whole country. Of course there's always a problem extrapolating from a sample to the whole population. But--allegedly--it's a bigger-than-normal problem in the case of UBI. But, then, I don't really know what I'm talking about, so there's that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home