Friday, November 06, 2020

Democrats Suddenly Rediscover The Sanctity Of Our Electoral System

Well, better late than never, I suppose...
   Three years of a Democratic/intelligence/media conspiracy to portray the duly-elected President of the United States as a Russian agent in order to overturn the election of 2016...well that was just fine, and, in fact, warranted exactly no regret nor reflection whatsoever. In fact, that lack of reflection and regret was crucial in the subsequent media coverup, which played a crucial role in the campaign to win the 2020 campaign on the basis of a giant, steaming pile of lies.
   And all that, you see, was just dandy.
   But now, you see...now that the conspiracy and the lies and the coverup have done their job...which means: electing one of the principle actors in said conspiracy/coverup...now the system is sacred again...despite the fact that the same faction fanned the flames of pandemic panic in order to tactically wreck the economy and have an excuse to implement a mail-in ballot scheme that makes a mockery of the very electoral system which...suddenly...is again sacred and beyond criticism.
   The epicenter of crazy moves back and forth in the parties, to some extent on the basis of which party has moved farther from the sane center. The main locus of crazy has been firmly on the red side much of my life...and now, as the blues have lurched left, it's firmly--very, very firmly--on their side. I suppose all you can do is fight the battles of the moment...but it makes me sick that I ever supported the blue team.
   I mean, in my defense, I usually kept the Democratic party at arms' length, and thought of myself as volunteering and voting for them, but not belonging to them. But the tribalism did effect me to some extent. It was difficult for me to admit they'd gone bad, and to switch to supporting the reds...who someday will, again, presumably, the the crazier of the two...
   Nevertheless, I now strongly feel that I should have seen this coming earlier, and I regret supporting the blues as long as I did. It often seems to me that they went crazy fast...but other times, looking back on it, it was foreseeable. I could and should have seen it. Goddamn I'm an idiot sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home