Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Quillette Review Of Charles Murray: Human Diversity

Human Diversity: The Biology Of Gender, Race, and Class
(I think 'gender' means sex there)
I'll definitely be reading this one. I remember when The Bell Curve came out...almost everybody I knew lost his or her mind over it. I never before saw such a bunch of smart people start saying such stupid things. And the Murray madness has never gone away. A year or so back in a committee meeting I attended, an anthropologist started holding forth about The Bell Curve...getting basically everything wrong, as I informed her. Last year in a class, a student looked around ominously at one point and said (not quite an exact quote, but close): I don't know if you've ever heard of this book called The Bell Curve...but it promotes all these racist ideas... Nobody on the left reads The Bell Curve, but they all know that whatever it is that Murray says, it's totes racist. And, of course, so is he.
   Of course it isn't true. The Bell Curve is a solid book, and Murray is in no way a racist. But we know how the PC left operates--anyone who disagrees with its dogma is racist.
In fact, their current dogma holds that if you even believe that races are real biological kinds, you're a racist. Racist. As usual, neo-PC has far outstripped paleo-PC, crazy-wise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home