Tuesday, October 08, 2019

WaPo Poll: 1/2 of Americans Favor Impeachment Inquiry, 1/2 Favor Removal From Office

A WaPo poll + peculiar results ==> not clear what we should make of it.
   You'd expect way more people to want an inquiry than to think we've already got sufficient grounds for removal. Also, numbers have been running against removal and perhaps even against an inquiry, though I can't remember how much of what I've seen on that score.
   Maybe this is a measure of how polarizing this is: answers really just show how many people are pro-Trump and now many anti-. Often, people just take such polls as an opportunity to say yay or boo about the issue or the person.
   Maybe this is the year for a third-party candidate. If the blue cult finally manages to sink Trump (Trump should get the assist in the box score), then we're left with...well...the blue cult. Please...someone else come forward...
   Anyway, not sure whether to put much credence in the poll, not sure how lasting the effect might be. But there's plausible grounds for believing that there's a fire somewhere in Ukrainegate. But on top of that, the cultural superstructure is frantically, monomaniacally pumping out smoke. Trump might be history and might even deserve it. God knows. I want him gone...but my God...the alternative!
   I don't believe Rasmussen poll results...I reckon I maybe ought to treat WaPo polls the same. I just don't know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home