Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Trump Al-Baghdadi Announcement vs.Obama OBL Announcement

No comparison, obviously.
  I wasn't wild about the "respectful" burial at sea bit...but I understand why Obama said it. Trump's announcement was just vulgar. "Died like a dog" particularly bugged me, for the same reason such locutions bug a lot of people: dogs are noble critters, and it bothers me for them to be spoken of in that way. Especially weird given the role of dogs in getting this particular evildoer...and given that one of the dogs could easily have died herself--nobly. Though I'm in danger of making a mountain out of a molehill.
   Anyway. It's hard to believe that we went from Obama to Trump. And the contrast between the two announcements is just one more thing making the contrast painfully obvious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home