Wednesday, September 04, 2019

Trump Has A Natural Instinct For Science

linky
I mean...we all do...see: Emerson, "Self-Reliance"...
But I kinda doubt that's what he means. But who knows? Maybe he's a secret Emersonian. Or maybe he has a natural aptitude for transcendentalism...
But he's right, of course, that there are scientists on both sides of the issue...and not just a few. The consensusmongering is way, way out of control. Not that I think he reads a lot about it, nor that he has devoted much thought to it...or...y'know...anything...
   In addition to claiming a natural aptitude for science Trump told AP that he is "truly an environmentalist."  
"I know some people might not think of me as that, but I’m an environmentalist," he said. "Everything I want and everything I have is clean. Clean is very important – water, air. But I also want jobs for our country."
   He explained that a concern for the potential negative economic impact on the U.S. was one of the reasons he eschewed "certain agreements with other countries," in an apparent reference to the Paris Climate Accords.
He may be something of an environmentalist. I dunno. You don't have to be a Democrat to be an environmentalist. But I haven't paid much attention to his environmental policies. But he's absolutely right that there's a balancing act involved--which is what AOC &co. do not want. They want to convince us that it's such a crisis that the costs must be ignored. Trump's something like an order of magnitute more rational than AOC et al. on this issue. 
   So...though it's fun to make fun of the funny orange man...and though that "natural affinity" claim is a hoot...in a sad and tragic kind of way...he's still less bad than the mainstream worst on the other side.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home