Tuesday, August 13, 2019

"From Race To Plastic Straws, Trump Dials Up Culture Wars In Divisive Play For 2020 Votes"

I went into this expecting to agree with it, because the title struck me as plausible.
   Didn't take long for me to come to think that it was just more 21st-century WaPo propaganda. Well, not just... But take the plastic straws. So one side is a bunch of dedicated scolds that is pushing a senseless ban of a not-actually-that-harmful product people like. The other side is saying Hey, look, those guys are, yet again, taking a dumb progressive fad and forcing you to change your life because of it; screw that shit. Have a straw. With which side are Americans (even more than other people) more likely to agree/sympathize. And look: I don't like Trump and I don't even like straws. Straws suck. As it were. They make you drink the warmest part of the drink instead of the part that's got the delicious, lovely ice swimming in it. I just don't believe that the coldest of the drink will sink fast enough to even things out. I use 'em sometimes, of course. But I kinda don't like 'em. Seems weird to me that people use 'em routinely. Why? They're good in the car. But why use 'em if you're not in some way on the go? Just drink normal. And you know what? Despite disliking both Trump and straws, I've got a right mind to go buy some goddamn Trumpstraws. That's how fed up I am with the other side's bullshit. I ain't even kidding.

   I absolutely wish Trump were a more reasonable person. A reasonable guy who was willing to stand up to PC bullshit would be cleaning up right now. He would be absolutely unstoppable. I'd be giving him money hand over fist. An Obama with a clear-eyed take on the horrors of PC craziness would be...well, kinda an actual savior. But that's not who we got. We got this other guy--the loud-mouthed, narcissistic con man. He's what's standing between us and the tender mercies of the kindly inquisitors. He's the cure that is pretty damn likely to be at least as bad as the disease. I wish he would throttle his obnoxiousness back to 10. I really do. I know he's provoking the crazies and making them crazier. But he's also the only guy who seems willing to stand up to them. As I've said before, it takes kind of an asshole to stand up against the left's barrage of accusations. All sorts of reasonable people just can't bear to be accused of racism and the rest, no matter how obviously false the accusations. But Trump can. He may not be the hero we deserve, but...uh...how does that stupid line go again? I'll be honest: I never really understood it. But you know what I mean. Or I hope you do. One of us needs to...
   Yep, so I went in expecting a little anti-Trump WaPo pr0n. But I basically just came out thinking: so the other guys are a crazy, radical cult that wants to micromanage our lives...and Trump takes pleasure in refusing. And it's Trump who's the bad guy? This is a story about Trump pumping up the culture war? Seriously? He criticizes some awful extremist lefties...and so he's a racist because they're nonowhite...and Trump's the nut here? He points out that Baltimore is a shit-hole...which everybody knows and liberals even worship a t.v. show that's all about how Baltimore is a shit-hole...and he's a racist because he criticized a city that has a lot of black people in it.  He's the one fanning the flames of the culture war?
   Damn, WaPo. Just about every day you push me just that much closer to buying a MAGA hat...
   But first, the Trumpstraws...
   Don't think I won't do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home