Monday, June 17, 2019

Hickenlooper?

He seems to consider himself a centrist, but this isn't reassuring, and neither is this. Sounds ahead of his time on sexual minority issues, but on just about everything else, he seems to have "evolved" to the left of me. I'm probably persuadable on universal background checks...but probably not on an outright ban on high-capacity mags. I'm more inclined toward a special license for 'em, if anything. And no, gun violence is not "the real emergency plaguing our nation." Gun violence is mostly suicides and gang-on-gang violence, with the latter mostly isolated to a few violent neighborhoods in a few violent cities. And even "tentative support" for the GND indicates a failure to grasp actual facts about climate change.
   I was hopeful that Hickenlooper might be an actual centrist that might break out of the pack. In fact, I've been kind of afraid to look at his stances because I was afraid I'd find...pretty much what I found.
I don't really think that there's much chance of the Dems and me settling on the same candidate this time...but I keep hoping.
   I actually reckon that, for the first time in my life, I will not vote for a Dem for POTUS.
   But I keep hoping that the blues will sober up.
   2020 is going to be a #$%ing shitshow of Biblical proportions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home